Sugar Town at Its Finest: Calea Bacolod City

I can attribute Bacolod’s penchant for sweet things to the fact that the city is surrounded with sprawling sugarcane fields. My Papa, who hails from the “City of Smiles”, used to tell me how they’d freely pick sugarcane simply because it was that abundant. When I revisited Bacolod, I made sure to satiate my sweet tooth by going to Calea – the city’s pride when it comes to cakes.







I love how the place exudes a fancy yet modest ambiance. It’s pretty without going over the top. 



In front of it is a lifestyle store which has a plethora of clothing and footwear brands that do not have their own boutiques in the city yet.



I went for Oreo Cheesecake and a classic Chocolate sponge cake. Don’t let their simple looks fool you because they’re sickly sweet! The cakes were definitely luscious but I’m not sure if everyone will appreciate such type of sweetness.





To make up for the extreme sugar load, I looked for a drink with a bitter aftertaste. I ended up with Munsterrific’s cute root beer float. Munsterrific is Bacolod’s version of Family Mart, 7-Eleven, and Mini Stop.