Singapore Diaries: Universal Studios and My Top Five Attractions

Prior to my resignation, my request for a six-day vacation has been granted which prompted me to book this trip. It was a gift for my mom and Tita but instead of coming with us to Universal Studios Singapore, they went to see Singapore Chinese Orchestra's concert.




I loved everything about this theme park! Aujen and I are suckers for exhilarating rides, that’s why we opted for the Express Pass to make the most out of our day. Its price is nearly the same as the admission ticket but it will allow you to skip lengthy queues. My favorite attractions are:

Top 5: Transformers The Ride

Mind-blowing is apt to describe this 4D ride. We tried this twice but the thrilling feeling never went away.

Top 4: Revenge of the Mummy

While the sharp turns and sudden falls in this pitch dark building did surprise me, I felt like they weren’t enough. Second round, please!
Top 3: Lights! Camera! Action!

 This Steven Spielberg-hosted show simulates a city about to be ravaged by a hurricane.


Top 2: Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure

Watch out for the ride's ending!


Top 1: Waterworld 

If you want to see death defying acts paired with pyrotechnics, don't miss this show which takes place twice a day. 
I’m sad that I wasn’t able to see Shrek and Fiona (perhaps the only fairytale which proves that blissful love stories are not just for the charming ones) but Puss in Boots and Kitty Softpaws made up for the couple’s absence through their "Dance for the Magic Beans."


More from Far Far Away!




I love this gang too.



A replica of the New York Public Library.


Ancient Egypt



For our lunch, we went to Mel’s Diner. Traveling abroad always proves to be a struggle for me whose meal isn’t complete without rice.





Across Universal Studios is Candylicious which is a dream come true for those with sweet tooth.
Next, I'll be posting some of the mementos which you can take home from the theme park.