Singapore in Boxes

I’m in heels most of the time but scoring this pair of Keds espadrilles changed that. This pair was my ally during our five-day trip. John Green’s “Papertowns,” on the other hand, kept me awake while waiting for our early-morning flight.


InterContinental Singapore’s stellar service makes me prouder to have been a part of this hotels group. Apart from the hotel’s impressive Peranakan-inspired interiors, the location in Bugis made our trip fuss-free. Shoppers get the best of both worlds because the hotel’s connected to the Bugis Junction Mall which houses upscale shops. For pocket-friendly finds and souvenirs, across the hotel is Bugis Street Market. 

One of our nightly cheap thrills from Bugis. These one-dollar fruit juices come in over 20 variants.

I am not a fan of travel agencies since I always make it a point to personalize our itineraries. While this trip is still DIY, I purchased all our tickets from Travel Delight to avoid lengthy queues. The tickets are discounted and they're usually delivered to your hotel for free one to three days before your check-in date. The representatives are very patient as well with queries!


Blissful stories are not just for the perfect ones – the reason why I’m a big fan of Shrek! It’s disappointing I didn’t see him and Fiona.



Singapore Sling and Chateau 1944 White Wine – all complimentary from InterContinental Singapore’s Victoria Bar. A perk of being an IHG Rewards Club member.