Pseudo Zookeepers for a Day

My dad has this belief that failing to love animals means that one part of you remains unfulfilled. As much as we want to have 10 dogs in our house, my mom does not really find the idea fascinating. For her, having two spoiled dogs is already a handful. 

Seeing animals is something that my dad, brother, and I are fond of doing but going to zoos? Not so much. Imagine caged animals with their helpless eyes expressing sadness. Not an attractive picture, isn't it? However, Residence Inn in Tagaytay is quite different (although cages are still present).
Like a boss, baby Neyo?



Since Tagaytay is half an hour away from my house, my boyfriend and I headed to Residence Inn. It was an unplanned trip during a foggy afternoon but experiencing the compassion of the zookeepers there was heartwarming. I love fuss-free trips like this wherein I get to wear jeans and my favorite pink Chucks. :)


Ooh, just like me.


Taking advantage of the lush sight
So blessed to have this man who's as game as me!

As its name suggests, Residence Inn is a place that provides lodging for travelers.  It has its own zoo plus other recreational pursuits like wall climbing, cable car, and ziplines.  I didn't take photos of the animals since they were confined in cages. Nonetheless, the custodians there were very nurturant. I witnessed how they held and talked to the animals. It was also nice that they allowed us to pet the tiger cub and the corn snake. My aim to be a zookeeper for a day? Another 
 on my bucket list. :)

"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures."
The Dalai Lama