Apart from the unveiling of the planner, what made this event exciting was the lineup of guest speakers. You can really see the effort of the whole team to invite speakers who will surely inspire Bellas. For the 2012 fair, I was able to hear four out of six talks.
Style Me Over by Jasmine Mendiola
Her talk involved tips on how you could reinvent your style regardless of the presented situations. She talked about the importance of timelessness in dressing up.
Travel Tips by Patty Laurel
She's the reason why I initially wanted to attend this talk! I love how simple yet inspiring her blog is. Her travel entries can attest her love for exploration. She gave tips on how to make the most out of travelling:
1. If you can save, do it. Doing research can be time-consuming but you'll be grateful when you see the cash that you can save from promo fares to shared accommodations. She recommended checking travel forums for reliable and straightforward reviews.
2. Respect cultural diversity. Being a traveler does not entitle you to act superior. Since you are in a different environment, it is only mandatory to respect other's beliefs.
3. Don't be too absorbed in documenting everything. Travelling is all about preserving memories, right? However, there are moments wherein you just have to drop your chunky camera and relish what's in front of you.
4. Look for someone who can be your travel buddy. Even if she's your best friend, it does not mean that she's the best travel buddy. Is it okay for her to share rooms with other people? Does she find walking for hours a tolerable idea? These are some of the things which you have to consider before finding a travel buddy.
5. Remind yourself that you are blessed. Regardless of your purpose for traveling, don't forget to recognize the fact that you are able to see and appreciate God's creations.
Blogger's Extraordinaire by Tricia Gosingtian
I admire how unassuming Tricia is despite her accomplishments! Her talk tackled the basics of having a marketable blog.
1. Think about a catchy blog name. A blog name creates your readers' first impressions. The name has to be easily recalled and most importantly, it has to be relevant with your content.
2. Make use of social networking sites & web analytic tools. Through Facebook and Twitter, you can communicate easily with your readers. On the other hand, utilizing web analytic tools is important to monitor the number of your readers and where they're coming from.
3. Be passionate and don't forget who you are. In the world of blogging, it's easy to go with the flow just because it's the "in" thing. Blogging entails a big responsibility but if you really love it, you will not feel burdened. Don't blog for the freebies, blog because you want to inspire.
Beauty Bootcamp by Georgina
1. Before purchasing tons of cosmetics, make sure that your skin is healthy. Even expensive cosmetics cannot completely cover up an unhealthy-looking skin. Don't forget to cleanse and moisturize before going to sleep.
2. No matter how tempting it is, don't prick your pimple! Do you agree that pimples surface when you have an important affair to attend to?
Georgina recalled puncturing her pimple and being
admitted to the hospital for five days because of a swollen face. Preventive
measures will always be better so make sure that you have pimple-fighting
products in your beauty stash.
3. Be confident and smile. Nothing beats the power of having a blithesome attitude.